“Share-worthy News Pt. 2”
If you belong to Jesus, and do what you do for Jesus, you are empowered by the Holy Spirit who also empowered Jesus!
1. An Urgent Request
Mark 5:21-24 NKJVNow when Jesus had crossed over again by boat to the other side, a great multitude gathered to Him; and He was by the sea. 22 And behold, one of the rulers of the synagogue came, Jairus by name. And when he saw Him, he fell at His feet 23 and begged Him earnestly, saying, "My little daughter lies at the point of death. Come and lay Your hands on her, that she may be healed, and she will live." 24 So Jesus went with him, and a great multitude followed Him and thronged Him.
to compress, crowd on all sides
What might God be up to in your most frustrating moments?
Will you trade your plans for His?
2. An Unmistakable Faith
Mark 5:25-28 NKJVNow a certain woman had a flow of blood for twelve years, 26 and had suffered many things from many physicians. She had spent all that she had and was no better, but rather grew worse. 27 When she heard about Jesus, she came behind Him in the crowd and touched His garment. 28 For she said, "If only I may touch His clothes, I shall be made well."
What you need is not something, but rather someone you don't have!
Who is trying to tell you about Jesus?
1 John 1:1-4 NKJVThat which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life— 2 the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us— 3 that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things we write to you that your joy may be full.
Hebrews 2:3 NKJVhow shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him,
James 1:19 NKJVSo then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath;
3. An Undeniable Miracle
Mark 5:29 NKJVImmediately the fountain of her blood was dried up, and she felt in her body that she was healed of the affliction.
Everyone who reaches out by faith to Jesus is CHANGED and KNOWS it!
Romans 8:16-17The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.
4. An Unusual Request
Mark 5:30-32 NKJVAnd Jesus, immediately knowing in Himself that power had gone out of Him, turned around in the crowd and said, "Who touched My clothes?" 31 But His disciples said to Him, "You see the multitude thronging You, and You say, 'Who touched Me?' " 32 And He looked around to see her who had done this thing.
In a crowd like this, who but Jesus could ask such a question?
Jesus used physical terminology to describe our condition spiritually.
Mark 2:16-17 NKJVAnd when the scribes and Pharisees saw Him eating with the tax collectors and sinners, they said to His disciples, "How is it that He eats and drinks with tax collectors and sinners?" 17 When Jesus heard it, He said to them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."
5. An Unreserved Reverence
Mark 5:33-34 NKJVBut the woman, fearing and trembling, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell down before Him and told Him the whole truth. 34 And He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction."
"made you well" (sozo) =
to save, deliver or protect
Healed people tell people!
Does your faith/hope in life and the afterlife rest in your works or His?
Now that you have HEARD about Jesus, will you REACH OUT to HIM?
Questions For Kids
- Jairus' daughter was really sick and needed healing! Have you ever been so sick it had you and people who love you really worried?
- Just like Jairus asked Jesus, in person, to help his little girl, we can pray to Jesus and ask Him to help people we know who need His help. Do you know anyone right now who is really sick? If yes, I encourage you to pray for them right now.
- Maybe right now because you cannot be together with some of your family or friends you are feeling really sad or maybe even afraid. Like Jairus and the woman Jesus healed in the sermon, you can bring your needs to Jesus and know that He hears you and loves you! What would you like to ask Him to do for you and your family?
Questions For Adults
- Jairus brought a very serious and urgent request to Jesus. When was the last time you prayed this urgently and fervently? How did the situation turn out? When have you felt/seen the affects of others praying this way for you?
- Why does being sick or knowing someone who is often leave us feeling so helpless and alone?
- The woman with the issue of blood waited twelve years before getting relief. Is there a situation in your life right not that you doubt God can or will ever intervene in?
Why is having to wait so hard for you? What might God be trying to tell you or teach you while you wait?
- Although her healing was totally an act of God, someone shared a good word about Jesus that led her to Him. How intentional are you about sharing Jesus with others?
Who in your life is God encouraging you to reach out to?
How can you go about doing so without being pushy, judgmental or overbearing?
I want to strongly encourage you to both "share" and "pray" for them and wait for God to do the miraculous! I would also encourage you to share their names with other Christians you know and ask that they pray for them too.
Please send Pastor Woody any questions you need help answering for yourself or your kids: firstname.lastname@example.org