“Spiritual Growth Is Not Rocket Science”
What is the path that leads to growing spiritually?
We grow spiritually when we…
1. Get it.
2 Timothy 2:1 NKJV You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
2 Timothy 1:13-14 NKJV Hold fast the pattern of sound words which you have heard from me, in faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. 14 That good thing which was committed to you, keep by the Holy Spirit who dwells in us.
What does it mean to "be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus"?
- To trust in and rest in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- To express your gratitude to Him and for Him.
2. Share it.
2 Timothy 2:2 NKJV And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.
1 Timothy 6:20 NKJV O Timothy! Guard what was committed to your trust, avoiding the profane and idle babblings and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge—
"Satan's greatest weapon is man's ignorance of God's Word." —A.W. Tozer
3. Live it.
2 Timothy 2:3-4 NKJV You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. 4 No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier.
WARFARE (see 1 Timothy 1:18-19; 2 Corinthians 11:25)
Do you want to be a battle tested warrior or a spiritual lightweight?
2 Timothy 2:4 NKJV No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier.
entangles = to entwine
New season, new focus!
Beginning this fall, our focus will be spent encouraging participation in our REFUEL Mid-Week Bible study. REFUEL Mid-Week will involve both serious Bible study and application aimed Breakout Groups.
Why I believe it will help us grow spiritually:
- It frees up a night for many over committed people. (Those attending both REFUEL and a Community Group)
- It unites the church around a common Biblical topic each week.
- It resolves the Community Group childcare needs.
- It provides a place for many to teach and serve.
- It creates excitement as we come together and grow together.
- It meets legitimate needs (community).
- It is a less formal entry into church life for un-churched people.
REFUEL Mid-Week kicks off Wednesday, October 7th, at 7 PM
(theCENTRE 6-12 grades at 6:45 PM)