“Defining Our Win”
Why do we exist as a church?
- What is the underlying reason we are here?
- Who is the church for?
- Who is the church trying to reach the churched or un-churched?
- Why do YOU do what you do?
Why should we do what we do as a church?
- To bring God glory
- To edify the saints
- To evangelize the lost
- To raise up devoted followers
The ministry of Hope Community Church defines a "Win" as…
The proper utilization of our people, time, talents, and resources to serve with excellence the Lord and those within our sphere of influence.
Revelation 1:4-8 NKJV John, to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, 6 and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. 7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen. 8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
A "WIN" occurs when…
- The Word of God is presented in a clear, thoughtful, and impactful way in every platform.
- Every ministry is well equipped and staffed with helpful people who serve others well.
- Adequate care is taken to acknowledge and respond to the guests in our midst.
- Our time together is free of unnecessary distractions that would cast a negative light on the Lord and His church.
- God's presence is undeniable and results in freedom of worship, conviction and forsaking of sin, and an abundance of God's grace and compassion being extended to the lost and hurting.
- Believers serve one another in sincerity and love, preferring one another, as the body of Christ.
- We expect God to work because we plan well and pray fervently.
- We leave everything on the table and trust that God has, is, and will continue to bless the efforts of those who seek to bring Him glory.