“Don't Waste It! Pt. 3”
<< PART 1 & 2 REVIEW >>
- Three precious gifts we have today are our thoughts, our time, and our energy.
- These precious gifts are often wasted on two things that go hand in hand, sin & regret.
The Problem With Regret:
- It doesn't just go away.
- It usually gets worse over time.
- It is often the result of failing people we know & love.
- It sometimes involves situations we are powerless to change.
- It consumes what we need to be productive.
How to deal with regret:
1. Reflect thoroughly and honestly on your imperfect past.
Three sentences that may help you accomplish this step:
- I wish I could go back and __________.
- I wish I could take back when I __________.
- Being honest, the problem was me. I was __________.
2. Seek forgiveness from God and others, and also forgive yourself. (In that order.)
By faith, we embrace God's provision for our every sin!
3. Accept your imperfection.
Accept your imperfection and embrace His perfection!!!
<< END PART 1 & 2 REVIEW >>
How to deal with regret:
4. Invest your days living in God's perfect provision (past regrets & productive future).
Our goals shouldn't include…
Philippians 3:8-9 NKJV Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;
Philippians 3:10-11 NKJV that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, 11 if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.
Philippians 3:12 NKJV Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
- Self-loathing. (self-hatred)
Philippians 3:13 NKJV Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,
Our goals should include being…
Philippians 3:14 NKJV I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Luke 11:13 NKJV If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"
When we are led by the Spirit, our thoughts, our time, and our energy will be Savior focused.
We are changed by the past, but we are not chained to it!
Don't waste something you've got on something you can't change. (THE PAST)
Invest it, instead, in something that you can! (THE FUTURE)